Job description: Executive Assistant / Trainee Practice Co-Ordinator
Job title: Executive Assistant / Trainee Practice Co-Ordinator
Type of role: Part-time (20-24 hours per week)
Salary: £16,000 – £22,000 per annum/pro-rata (dependent on experience).
About Border Crossing UX
Border Crossing UX is a small user experience design consultancy based in Edinburgh. We create environments and processes that help organisations think progressively and solve business challenges. For over 10 years, our approach has helped companies profit from technology and changes in human behaviour.
About the role
You’ll be responsible for supporting the management team with their day-to-day activities as well as ensuring all key internal/external activities are scheduled and completed on-time.
- Ensure the office is managed effectively
- Ensure the quarterly/monthly office management budget is adhered to
- Ensure all office policies and procedures are maintained and improved as necessary
- Manage correspondence and resolve issues with existing office suppliers.
Resourcing and scheduling
- Schedule and co-ordinate meetings and travel arrangements
- Schedule and co-ordinate the management team to ensure all required compliance activities are met on-time
- Schedule all internal/external projects and ensure any changes are communicated appropriately
- Review all internal/external projects on a weekly basis and ensure all new activities are broken down and scheduled (or accounted for)
- Support the management team actively account manage existing clients
- Collaborate internally to define resource requirements and schedules for all new internal/external projects
- Ensure all resources log time tracking data in Toggl
- Ensure all resources breakdown tasks by department/project in Todoist
- Ensure all resources schedule the necessary time to complete activities in Google Calendar
- Ensure all resources are effectively utilised
- Ensure all resources schedule holidays and as and when necessary take time back
- Ensure the team are happy and productive
- Ensure your training needs are identified and responded to
- Identify skills gaps and resources
- Support with future recruitment processes
- Contribute to the short-listing, selection and co-ordination of suppliers.
- Ensure all sales data is logged in Pipedrive
- Ensure all estimates and invoices are logged in FreeAgent
- Ensure all expenses are logged and bills reconciled in FreeAgent
- Contribute to the development of budgets by department
- Ensure all budgets are adhered to
- Check credit limits and advise re: payment terms for all new clients
- Co-ordinate automated and direct late payment correspondence.
- Contribute to brand management
- Support capturing client feedback prior to, during and after projects are completed
- Contribute to the planning, scheduling and quality assurance of campaigns
- Monitor tender opportunities
- Support sales and business development research activities
- Prepare agendas, document internal/external meeting notes and workshop outputs
- Prepare reports for the management team
- Contribute to ensuring all internal and external deliverables are quality assured
- Identify opportunities to standardise processes and achieve greater efficiencies.
Essential knowledge, skills & experience
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent computer literacy skills (espc. Microsoft Office)
- Experience of scheduling projects and/or resources
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise.
Desirable knowledge, skills & experience
- Experience of co-ordinating teams or fulfilling the role of an executive assistant
- Experience of managing projects/scheduling resources in a micro-business/consultancy practice
- Experience of using online accounting, sales and scheduling tools.
Job description published: 8th August 2018
Application deadline: 28th December 2018
Interviews: TBC – January 2019
Start date: negotiable.
How to apply
- Send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Detail the following information within your email:
- What skills will you bring to this role?
- Why you want to work at Border Crossing UX?
- What you wish to achieve?
- What would your measurements of success be/targets would you set yourself?
Border Crossing UX is an equal opportunities employer.